GBR Helicopter Group currently operate a fleet of seven turbine helicopters comprising four Jetrangers and one Longranger, two AS350 Squirrels as well as two Robinson 44 piston engine machine. Having one of the largest fleets in North Queensland enables us to effectively support remote contracts.
All aircraft are fitted with lightweight pop-out emergency floats, VHF and UHF radios, ELT(Emergency Location Transmitter), headsets for all passengers for communication and noise protection.
Our pilots have extensive experience with over water operations and low level flying, including on-land oil and gas exploratory work, mineral survey, pipeline inspections, fire-fighting, long line sling work and Incendiary operations.
We also have a fully licensed maintenance facility based in Cairns with three fulltime engineers who are able to travel to remote locations when engineering support is required.
GBR Helicopter Group is able to base ourselves throughout Australia, our extensive knowledge of the commercial industry combined with many years of experience will enable us to provide efficient and reliable services to our clients.
Past And Current Clients
- Department of Primary Industries - aerial surveillance and enforcement of remote fisheries locations.
- Powerlink / Ergon Energy - line inspection
- Queensland Rescue - search and rescue operations
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife service - construction; incendiary burning; remote operations
- Telstra - Field Servicing remote location
- Torres Pilots - 24 hour Marine Pilot Transfers
- AMSA - construction and maintenance of lighthouses, and navigation markers in offshore North Queensland
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority - day to day surveillance and management unit
- Silcar Telepower
Exclusive Passenger Charter
Our services and expertise are called on regularly to fly VIP guests to a range of destinations. These may include exclusive Island and rainforest resort transfers, inspection flights, and transfers to private meeting locations.
Previous clients have included foreign dignitaries and guests of the Australian and Queensland Governments, film and entertainment personalities, and heads of foreign and domestic corporations.
Our service to these clients includes an option for dual pilotage, and absolute flexibility on scheduling. Charters of this nature are organised and managed by either our Company Directors, or General Manager to ensure a guarantee of discretion with all dealings.
Our intimate knowledge of the local area through many years of experience also enables us to tailor make exclusive day charters for VIP guests, visiting some of the most remote and spectacular areas the region has to offer in our “Designer Day Packages”.